Intellectual property doesn’t end with a patent, a trademark, or a copyright.
Transactions may be the route to realize the full value of your intellectual property. A full intellectual property portfolio is bolstered by the right agreements, policies, and strategies for your situation. If you are still in the development stage of your invention, you likely will need an agreement to keep it secret and prevent loss of rights in the US and abroad. If you have employees that produce valuable content, you need an agreement that controls ownership of that content. If you have a registered or issued piece of intellectual property, you may want to license its use.
Tom Galvani’s transactional intellectual property law services include:
- Non-Disclosure Agreements – Protect the secrecy and confidentiality of your idea or invention
- Non-Compete Agreements – Limit the competition from a former employee
- Business Confidentiality Policies – Safeguard information within a company, Establish secrecy procedures in tune with your intellectual property
- Employment Agreements – delineate ownership of employee-created works
- Trade Secret Protection – Bulwark against losing control of a company’s valuable secret process or product
- Intellectual Property Licensing Agreements – Leverage a patent, trademark, or copyright and license or sell it to someone